Aspira XObject – Immediate SFDC Cross-object Workflow
The Aspira XObject Solution
Workflow automation should always be immediate, yet until now cross-object workflow has required that users edit records on both objects before the workflow criteria would evaluate.
Aspira XObject allows System Administrators to create “relations” between objects so that workflow rules that are cross-object dependent get updated as soon as the user changes a record on the “watched object” to fulfill the workflow criteria set on the “affected object.”
The free tool allows you to trigger workflow on any standard objects that accept workflow rules and then “relate” them to standard or custom objects that are connected by lookup fields.
With the extended tool you can also enjoy immediate workflow between two custom objects or between custom and standard objects. Call us to request a price quote for extending the app to include your custom objects.
Examples of Useful Applications:
- A workflow rule between Product Trials (custom object) and Opportunities so that all product trials that led to won Opportunities can be marked as such as soon as the Opportunity Stage changes to “Closed Won.” (requires the extended app that includes workflow on custom objects)
- A workflow rule between Opportunities and Accounts so that when an Account is marked as inactive, all related Opportunities are immediately marked as “Stranded Opportunities” by a field update to the Opportunities.
- A workflow rule between Contact records so that when a related Contact record is given a specific value in a picklist field, a corresponding picklist value is simultaneously chosen on the other Contact record.
- A workflow rule to send an email alert to the Customer Support Manager whenever an Account that has open cases has its SLA upgraded or downgraded.
- A workflow rule between Contacts and Accounts so that an email alert is sent to every Contact on an Account whenever certain conditions are met on the Account, such as a thank you note that goes out when annual sales reach a certain level. (For orgs with over 100 related Contacts per Account, ask us about the batch version of the application, which can handle up to millions of simultaneous record updates.)
- A workflow rule to send an email out to every Contact whenever a custom object called “Events” is changed to status “Cancelled,” so long as the Contact and the Event are linked by a lookup field.
- For Non-profit organizations, A workflow rule to update the Contact record for a volunteer’s activity level based on field values recorded on a related “current volunteer opportunity” record.
- Endless possibilities between custom objects or between custom objects and standard objects, with the extended app.
- For more examples of workflow rules, see SalesForce.com Workflow Rule Examples. Note that the section on Cross-Object Processes only describes workflow rules where the record on the object with the workflow rules is created after the record on the object that has the workflow criteria, because they recognize that cross-object workflow is not natively effective whenever the conditions are met AFTER the workflow object record has already been created. Aspira XObject is needed to make later changes “travel back” to update existing records.
Aspira XObject is the solution you’ve needed to make workflow between different objects truly useful by making it immediate. Download the application now and put it to work for you. And please be sure to add the Aspiratech.net domain to your safe senders list so that you will be able to receive the emailed User’s Guide containing instructions on use of the app.